Join us as we launch the Innovation Network South Yorkshire on 15 March, 4-7pm at Millennium Gallery.
The Innovation Network South Yorkshire, previously the MD Club, is a partnership between the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University to support regional growth. Through the Innovation Network, the two universities are working together to strengthen connections between academics, businesses and industries in South Yorkshire.
Join us to celebrate our launch at this interactive exhibition showcasing how the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University and its academics have worked with local businesses and organisations from across South Yorkshire in a range of innovative and inspiring ways, including: research partnerships, student placements, access to funding, state-of the-art-facilities and more!
This event is an opportunity for you to network with regional business leaders and academics and find out how we can support you to build relationships across South Yorkshire to drive collaborations.
- iForge – Showcasing the Active Legs Foot Rocka prototype made through the Sheffield Innovation Programme and the University of Sheffield’s iForge
- Guildhawk – Innovations include GAI and Evernoon® developed in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University’s Computing Department
- Magnomatics- Demonstrating the work they do with the University of Sheffield and examples of an aerospace actuator and marine propulsion motor
- Design Futures – How Sheffield Hallam University’s Design Futures can support packaging and product development, including case studies from Bailey of Sheffield
- Opteran – University of Sheffield spin-out who have accessed the Sheffield Innovation Programme to further develop their ideas and worked with the University to recruit talent
- Imagining Technologies for Disability Futures, BOW (Bettering Our Worlds)
- White’s Bakery – How Help to Grow: Management leadership course at Sheffield HallamUniversity supported their continued growth and innovation
4pm: Innovation Network Showcase opens
- Canapes and welcome drink on arrival
- Yasmin Knight, Assistant Director, Partnerships and Regional Engagement & Head of Regional Engagement, University of Sheffield
- Alex Prince, Head of Knowledge Exchange & Innovation, Sheffield Hallam University
- Dan Fell, Chief Executive Officer, Doncaster Chamber of Commerce
5.45pm: Innovation Network Showcase and networking
Please note this is a ticketed event. If you would like to attend please register here.