Innovation Network South Yorkshire is heading to Sheffield’s National Video Game Museum as we present “Culture and Creativity: Forming Lasting Connections”.
The event will bring together leading organisations and academics from the region’s cultural and creative industries.
Culture and creativity are at the heart of a strong, vibrant and inclusive region. An important factor in the development of the city’s footfall and the local regional economy is the connections that Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield have with its creative and cultural community. Together, they deliver and contribute to a number of festivals adding to the region’s vibrancy including Off the Shelf Festival of Words, The Festival of Social Sciences, Festival of the Mind and Being Human Festival.
Join us on the 9th November 2023 as we host a variety of engaging discussions and network over a winter warmer pie. Enjoy free reign of the museum as you challenge your new connections to a game of Pacman or Dance Stage Fusion!
- Professor Vanessa Toulmin – Director of City, Culture and Public Engagement, University of Sheffield
- Professor David Cotterell – Director of Culture & Creativity Research Institute, Sheffield Hallam University
- Anna Santomauro – Curator, Arts Catalyst & Senior Research Fellow, Sheffield Hallam University
- Emily Pieters – Director, Harmony Works
- Surriya Falconer – Chair, Sheffield Culture Collective
- Emma Cooper – Knowledge Transfer Manager for Creative Industries, KTN
Approximate event timings:
17.35: Discussion Groups
18.35: Closing comments
18.45: Networking and food
19.45: Event closes